Cleaner water is important in the kitchen, for drinking, for cooking, and for washing and preparing food. Cleaner, healthier water is essential for proper hydration. But cleaner water is as important in the bathroom as it is in the kitchen. Through Multipure’s bath products, you can get cleaner water as a way to better health and hygiene.
Why Do You Need a Shower or Bath Filter?
When it comes to water filtration, most of the focus tends to be on drinking water, because it’s much easier to envision the dangers of ingesting toxic substances through drinking water than it is to picture the dangers of exposing your skin, your hair, or your lungs to contaminants in shower water or water vapor. But, because the vast majority of water supplies around the country are treated with the chemical disinfectant, chlorine, the vast majority of households may be subject to the hazards posed by this chemical and its derivatives in their shower and bath.
Some of the effects of chlorine in the shower and bath include:
- Damage to your skin, leaving it dry, irritated, or more prone to rashes or skin conditions, such as psoriasis, eczema, or dandruff
- Damage to hair, leaving hair dryer, more brittle, or more faded after it has previously been color-treated
- Respiratory complications due to chlorine in the water vapor, exacerbating asthma or irritating the throat and lungs
- Exposure to toxic chemical byproducts created by the chlorine, such as chloroform, haloacetic acids, and trihalomethanes
Because of these potential hazards, a water filter in the shower and bath can be just as important as a drinking water filter at the kitchen sink.
Who Benefits from a Shower or Bath Filter?
Think of everyone in your household that uses the shower daily. If you have infants or young children in the house, think of the water used for their baths. If you have a dog or other family pet you bathe regularly, consider the water used to wash them. Everyone in your household can benefit from wash water that has been treated by a chlorine filter.
- For people with skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis, chlorine in the water can exacerbate the conditions, making the skin dry, red, and irritated.
- Especially for those who color treat their hair, chlorine will dull and fade the color, shine, and texture of their hair.
- For dogs, chlorinated water can remove the natural oils in their coats, leaving their skin dry and irritated.
How Multipure Helps Your Shower and Bath
Multipure offers simple, effective solutions to chlorine in your shower and bath, allowing you to wash without worry.
For your shower, Multipure’s Aquashower removes over 90% of the chlorine in the water, vastly limiting any harmful effects that may be caused by the chlorine. It installs quickly and easily in-line with your existing showerhead, and doesn’t require any additional tools or professional expertise to set up.
For your bath, Multipure’s Aquasplash bath ball provides an even simpler solution. All you need to do is swirl this self-contained bath ball filter through your bath water, and it treats the presence of the chlorine in your bath. No installation, no set up – just a healthier bath for you and your family.
What Makes the Aquashower and Aquasplash So Effective?
The key to the Aquashower and Aquasplash’s effectiveness is the use of KDF-55 filtration media. KDF (kinetic degradation fluxion) media uses a blend of copper and zinc to treat the presence of chlorine in the water. Other filtration media, such as granular activated carbon and solid carbon blocks, can also treat the presence of chlorine, but while carbon filter performance degrades at high temperatures, KDF retains its performance and functionality even at the high temperatures found in showers and baths. This makes it the ideal filter media for showering and bathing, and the key to Multipure’s shower and bath products.
Healthier Water Beyond the Kitchen Sink
Concerns about water quality are more important than ever in today’s environment, and these concerns will only continue to grow as more is learned about the effects of modern life and industry on water quality. Although cleaner drinking water is vitally important to the health of any modern household, so too should the quality of the water in your shower and bath also be considered. When you protect your shower and bath water, you give yourself cleaner, healthier water beyond the kitchen sink. You give yourself a way to better healthier and hygiene.
- Rowbatham, Hailey. “Is a Shower Filter Necessary?” Tap Score. January 6, 2020. https://mytapscore.com/blogs/tips-for-taps/is-a-shower-filter-necessary
- Mathews, Leigh. “The 7 Biggest Benefits of Filtering Shower Water.” LeafScore. August 15, 2021. https://www.leafscore.com/eco-friendly-bath-products/filtering-your-water-dont-forget-the-shower/